Church of the
corner of Church and McCoy Streets
The Church of the Good Shepherd has been ministering in the village of
Savona since 1903. The current building was dedicated in 1905 and
expanded in 1950 with labor provided by the men of the parish.
We celebrate the Eucharist (communion) weekly on Sunday mornings at
We invite you to come and see what a friendly group of disciples we are.
Save room for great refreshments after the worship service.
Above: the stained glass window above the
altar depicting Christ the Good Shepherd
The Church of the Good Shepherd offers a free Sunday
Supper on the third Sunday of every month (5:00-6:30pm). All
are welcome. The Shepherd's Cupboard food pantry is open
second Thursdays from 3:00-6:00 p.m. and serves residents of
the Campbell-Savona school district.
Another outreach project of the parish is a free food giveaway
held on the fourth Monday of each month (1:00-2:30pm). Held in
conjunction with the Food Bank of the Southern Tier, church
members distribute an assortment of free food stuffs. During the
winter months the giveaway is held at the Savona Volunteer Fire
Department station, and during the summer it is held at the
village park. For more information, please phone the church
office at (607) 776-4503 during business hours: M-Th 9am-noon.
Above: an acolyte helps Fr. Brad light
the Pascal candle, while Cora
Morehouse looks on. At right: Over 90
children took part in the 2012 Summer
Youth Recreation program hosted
annually by Good Shepherd.